Early Career Researchers
The Early Career Researcher Network - About Us
The Macquarie University Early Career Researcher (ECR) Network helps you to develop your career and create pathways for achieving world-leading research at Macquarie. The Network was established in late 2015 following consultation across the University, including a series of focus groups with Early Career Researchers. The consultation process highlighted the need for an ECR Network and dedicated resources and programs to support ECRs. As a result the ECR Network Advisory Group was formed - ensuring the network activities are guided by early career researchers.
The Network supports you by enabling networking, promoting research and career development opportunities and connecting you with the information you need to build a successful research career. If you are developing your research career at Macquarie University we invite you to participate in our events throughout the year and use these pages to connect you with the information, people and resources that can support you.
ECR Network activities are guided by an Advisory Group. Click here to find your Faculty ECR Network Advisory Group Representatives.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us if you would like to contribute ideas, give us feedback or want to know more.
2017 ECR Network Program
The 2017 ECR Network program is currently in development. A full list of events will be made available online soon. The first event on the ECR calendar for 2017 will be In Conversation With Carolyn Swindell, Principle Consultant at charliesierra. Registrations are now open here.
The Thrasher Foundation Early Career Research Grant
The Thrasher Foundation Early Career Research Grant supports paediatric medical research to prevent, treat and cure a wide range of diseases that affect children. Thrasher funds early career physicians and researchers and experienced, doctoral-level principal investigators.
Discipline Areas: Medicine and Health Sciences. The grant is awarded twice a year. First round closes on March 14, 2017 (Noon MST). Second around closes September 19, 2017 (Noon MST)
- Managing Projects (Provided by Organisation and Staff Development Services), Thursday, 2 February.
- DECRA Building your Budget workshop (Provided by The Research Office), Wednesday, 8 February, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, Senate Room, C8A 310.
- Managing conflict (Provided by Organisation and Staff Development Services), Thursday, 9 February.
- DECRA Writing the Statement by the Administering Organisation workshop (Provided by The Research Office), Wednesday, 15 February, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, Senate Room, C8A 310.
- In conversation with Carolyn Swindell, Friday, 17 February, 1:00pm - 2:00pm, The Manly Room, Building C5C, Level 4. Registrations are now open here.
- Media Essentials (Provided by Organisation and Staff Development Services), Wednesday, 22 February.
- Having coaching conversations (Provided by Organisation and Staff Development Services), Thursday, 2 March 2017
- External Prizes and Awards (Provided by the Faculty Seminar Series/ECR Network), Wednesday, 15 March
- Influencing key stakeholders (Provided by Organisation and Staff Development Services), Thursday, 16 March (full day)
- Introduction to Health Economic Evaluation, Tuesday 21 March 2017, 9:00am - 5:00pm, 75 Talavera Road. Register here
Quarterly "In conversation with..." sessions. During these sessions, established researchers will share their career stories: the highs, the lows and the paths they have taken - and continue to take - in pursuit of their career goals. See ECR Events photos here
If you have suggestions for other events (social, professional development or other) or if you hold a regular event for ECRs that you'd like promoted please let us know here or contact your ECR Network Advisory Group Representative.